Friday, October 4, 2013

Chico, CA

When they hear where I'm from, people always ask why I left. To me, the decision to leave home seems so natural that I never saw it as a decision. I see life as a series of experiences and a collection of stories. To stay put, regardless of how much I love it, would inherently place severe limitations on my goals to experience as much as I can. I try to remind myself of this as often as I can, both in favorable and unfavorable circumstances.

While leaving Hawaii for another adventure hardly felt like a decision, taking time off from school to pursue photography and writing was a stressful choice. Yet the past few months have been some of the most exciting and liberating times of my life. I've found that few things help me to appreciate life as much as traveling does, and life on the road seems to suit me well.

Right now I am in Chico, CA taking pictures between trying to make money. Wish me luck.



North Rim, Upper Bidwell
My friend Katie and her roommate's dog.





The House, Chico CA
Kyle Warner's thoughts on yard work: "I bet, if we rut it out a little deeper, we can do some bar drags"




Horseshoe Lake, Upper Bidwell
Adam Moore burning the midnight oil. I wanted to do some evening shots but poor planning had us showing up at twilight. No matter; I got to practice some low light shots and Adam got real sick off this rock ledge.

Leave your thoughts. All the best, CF

No comments:

Post a Comment